Sunday, November 24, 2013

Empowering Thoughts

GG Bridge, Bookstaff, 11/12/13

I've had a tough week, physically. I've been getting really tired, my eye was bothering me, etc. On top of that, some guy in a truck actually got out of his vehicle to come to my window to yell at me for waiting for a parking spot at Safeway! A van was blocking all the spots, and I really couldn't go anywhere. Plus, he could have gone around me! Anyway, having a bad week all around.

Next birthday is the big 5-0, which everyone makes a big deal about. Seriously, though, with me it's really not the YEARS, it's the MILEAGE.

This morning, a thought occurred to me after I was tired from getting dressed: maybe I need to be in better shape than the average person to deal with life. Wouldn't it be awesome if I was in the BEST shape of my life at 50? Screw my "disability!"

After having this thought, I immediately wrote this blog. It's too easy to latch onto negative thoughts (especially when tired), so I decided to latch onto this positive thought instead.

Happy holidays everyone! Try to let go of negative thoughts/comments/ jerks and focus on empowering thoughts/comments/NICE people instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment